Sunday, June 5, 2011

I AM

At the burning bush, Moses asked God for his name, which God answered

Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

"I Am the I Am" is Ehyeh asher ehyeh which means that God has existed before creation and will exist forever.

Ehyeh asher ehyeh or I Am the I Am is where YHWH is derived from, and is translated to Jehovah in English.

In the New Testament in Greek, this is written:

Rev 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, the BEING (ho on), and THE WAS (ho en), and THE IS TO COME (ho erchomenos), the Almighty (ho pantokrator)."

Rev 4:8 "holy, Lord God Almighty, the WAS (ho en), and the BEING (ho on), and the IS TO COME (ho erchomenos)."

Which brings me to the point of this post:

In
John 8:58, Jesus said “Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am”

Another Jesus = God verse

Want to see something interesting?

John 18:4-8 "Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way"

When the soldiers asked for Jesus, Jesus' answer in Greek was not "I am he" but "I AM" (some versions also translated as I am, not I am he)

That is why they fell down when Jesus answered.

Conclusion?

Jesus = I AM = Johovah = God

No comments:

Post a Comment